- Adequate starting pitching wasted by anemic offense? Check
- Lack of clutch hitting? Check
- Fielding mistakes turn into unearned run(s)? Check
- Late bullpen collapse by the closer? Check
- Failure to pound inferior opponent starting pitcher? Check
- Bad luck on balls hit in play by the Indians, better luck by the opposition? Check
FWIW, the domain firederekshelton.com was available when I checked last night. Anyone game?
That's all I've got. It's too disheartening now to elaborate.
Andy Marte Watch:
Andy Marte played. He made several really fine barehanded plays, but ole'd a hard-hit ground ball that led to a run. He went 0 for 4 at the plate and hit the ball hard twice right at people and hit the ball weakly twice. He was not asked to bunt, nor was he pinch-hit for. SUMM played first base in place of Garko, who was given a mental health day.