Sunday, August 5, 2007

No Elvis

Whatever Elvis this team may have achieved by beating Johan Santana is now gone after pissing away two games to the Twins against pitchers they should have beaten like a rented mule.

The Twins play in a Hideous Abomination of a ballpark that squashes the life out of everything that is good and right about baseball. I hate the Twins, I hate their ballpark. I hate the "piranhas". I hate everything about them. What I hate the most about the Twins is that the Indians keep losing and letting them back into the race.

Mojo Watch:

Cleveland Indians:

Pronk:

Fausto Carmona:

The only thing keeping Fausto from having Massive Elvis is the fact that the offense keeps stranding him without run support. No way should he have lost 1-0 to the Twins today with Scott Baker on the mound against him. But right now, the Indians offense got no Elvis. They suck. They can't hit their way out of a paper bag. They can't move runners over. They can't bunt. They can't even hit mediocre major league pitching.

Yet, somehow they are still in first place. Go figure. I'd like to think it can only get better, but I've been a Cleveland Indians fan too long. I hope so, but right now I'm just really, really pissed off at the way the Indians have pissed away the last month and a half by playing generally crappy baseball.

No comments: